Friday, February 04, 2005

Luke, you will die; I have botched my Dark Mittens.

Has anyone else ever compulsively listened to an album, over and over and over again, until you hear the songs IN ORDER all day long in your head, and can't stop, even though you know you ought to and the other CDs are right there, ready to be switched? This is the Editor undergoing some sort of mild self-inflicted aversion therapy, except that it doesn't seem to be working. And besides, I have no desire to begin to dislike the album to which I am listening, and if I did, I wouldn't be listening to it.

This is circular reasoning. I am beginning to sound like the philosophy major I once most inadvisably was. So enough wanking, on to a few brief selections from the best faces and minds currently at work in this small, unpleasantly self-referential universe we call blogger.

I am pleased to announce that the "Young at Heart" campaign now has a face for their brochures. And what a face it is - I believe it accounts for that alluring smile on the visage of Mona Lisa.

Randomly, there is a blog titled "Darkside of Knitting." I am getting an uncontrollable visual of Darth Vader, kneeling before the Emperor and making his report; at which point the Emperor looks up from his half-completed Dark Mittens and blasts Vader with blue lightning, for distracting him and causing him to drop a stitch. Actually, it sounds like a better screenplay than anything George Lucas has been able to choke out of his withered little brain lately. I mean, Jar-Jar? What is his excuse? Was he dead at the time? Talk about instant aversion therapy.

Also, may I recommend Superpoet to your attention. Anyone out there read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? This blog singlehandedly puts the Vogons to abject shame. The site proudly proclaims that the "poetry" in question is not autobiographical. Well, that's nice. At least, if the author's life isn't quite as bad as the doggerel posted by him or her, he or she might not need to commit suicide within seconds. Please note the witty heading. Superpoet must have outsourced his or her web design to Oscar Wilde.

And that, my dear readers, is the end of tonight's exploration of the blogs of others. What a journey it has been.

One final note: I have posted a comment to Cologne's blog, which you can read here. If I receive any response to my urgent query as to the meaning of this insanity, rest assured my loyal readers will be the first to know.

lor herx

1 comment:

CathyW said...

Better late than never...nearly a year later and I find out you have given my poetry blog a plug on your site.Thank you!! I have enjoyed the style of writing on your site so you may well find it linked to my talk of the town site so I can enjoy your expression!! Write on, all through 2006! Cheers.