Friday, January 14, 2005

The great plan has had an interesting side effect

So having put my plan of random, yet highly organized, crap movie watching into action, I find that I am much less inclined to watch movies. I didn't intend this, but it certainly has worked out well. I went out today and interacted with people, something I'm usually quite prone to do, but not since acquiring the amazing cheap movie rental account. I did watch 2 Days last night, and found some enjoyment in it . . . when one lives near Los Angeles, one finds some amusement in the skewering of LA stereotypes, at least. I still have not mustered the courage to tackle 30 Years to Life, however. Tomorrow, tomorrow it will happen.

In the meantime, the Editor will try to catch some sleep before the sun comes up, and ponder why it is that a film which is supposedly about urban sophisticates features a title which makes a direct reference to prison. Oh, yes, it's because it's about black people. I forgot. The Editor is not on the left-leaning end of the political spectrum, by any means . . . and yet, some things are just plain offensive. I will update my vast readership as soon as this undoubtedly hideously dull and irritating motion picture has actually been viewed. For now, this is Tokyo Rose signing off.

No comments: