Monday, January 10, 2005

And the excitement continues to build . . .

The world of blogging has no doubt been taken by storm by the entry of this, my first attempt at a blog. The cheering crowds besiege my very apartment. So, in response to great public demand, another post! Hear them shout with joy!

Actually, it's rather rainy here - the freeway is closed both north and south and any other direction you can think of, thus leaving my town stranded in the pouring rain. It seems that the time is ripe for a zombie attack, but I will probably be disappointed. In short, my post derives from simply having nothing better to do besides step out the front door into a no doubt zombie infested rainstorm. Having no desire to be wet, or devoured by the ravening undead, or to undergo any other inconvenience of the sort, blog it is.

I also took the time to post some interests on my profile, simply to click on them and see who else had listed the same things. A surprising number of people listed penguins as an interest. Do all of these people regularly think about penguins? Do penguins strike some sort of deep chord in the human psyche? (To reiterate my previous comment, do not attempt to answer this philosophically.) I suppose they are some of the most stylish examples of fauna in existence on the planet. They wear tuxedos, after all. In regards to other interests with which I experimented, I would recommend avoiding anyone who has "ninjas" in their interests.

So the question becomes: what interests are most likely to draw the optimum response, from people whose interests actually coincide with one's own? If anyone actually responds to this blog, based on my listing of "PEZ dispensers", I think it will be time to worry. The bottom line really is, it is impossible to distill oneself into five or six keywords, or it ought to be. Honestly I didn't try that hard, as is evident. And favorite movies and music? What does that really have to do with anything? And how can you choose? Why do people like top ten lists so much? Is it the only certainty available in the universe?

Ponder that, while I go see if that unholy scratching and moaning coming from the patio is a zombie, or something far more sinister - such as one of my friends, out of beer and looking for a handout.


No comments: